Ballybryan National School.


Go to content

History

Our School

The site for the present school was donated by Mr. Willie John Mitchell and his wife Annie. The school was built in 1959, approximately 100 metres from the original school and the teacher residence of the time (curently the home of Kilmurrays and Darcys). The old school was opened in 1821 and was called Trimblestown School.
The present school started off as a two teacher school until 1966, when a third teacher became employed there.

An extension was built in 1980 and in 2002 it became a 4 teacher school. With the increasing population in the area it is now a five teacher school since 2005.

A further extension of two new classrooms has just been completed.


Back to content | Back to main menu