History

History

The site for the present school was donated by Mr. Willie John Mitchell and his wife Annie. The school was built in 1959, approximately 100 metres from the original school and the teacher residence of the time (curently the home of Kilmurrays and Darcys). The old school was opened in 1821 and was called Trimblestown School.
The present school started off as a two teacher school until 1966, when a third teacher became employed there.

An extension was built in 1980 and in 2002 it became a 4 teacher school. With the increasing population in the area it is now a five teacher school since 2005.

A further extension of two new classrooms has just been completed.

No events found
25-Jun-2021
Farewell to 6th Class 2021
24-Jun-2021
Class of 2021
11-Jun-2021
Our Kids Code
24-Apr-2021
Jenny Mulligan : Past Pupil success
Enquire
Contact
Ballybryan National School,
Ballybryan,
Fahy,
Rhode,
Co. Offaly,
Ireland

046 973 7365


Location
© 2021 Ballybryan National School